( Video: Cosmetic Veneers – What are teeth veneers ? )
What are tooth veneers?
Tooth veneers are thin sheets of porcelain or composite resin which are permanently cemented to the front teeth. They can dramatically improve the appearance of teeth that are broken, chipped, misshaped, crooked, stained or discolored. They are also great for closing gaps between teeth. Cosmetic tooth veneers take up very little space thus only a small amount of tooth is removed to allow room for them.
What are the advantages of dental veneers?
- They provide a natural tooth appearance.
- Gum tissue tolerates porcelain well.
- Porcelain veneers are stain resistant.
- The color of a porcelain veneer can be selected such that it makes dark teeth appear whiter.
- Veneers offer a conservative approach to changing a tooth’s color and shape; veneers generally don’t require the extensive shaping prior to the procedure that crowns do, yet offer a stronger, more aesthetic alternative.
How long do tooth veneers last?
If the client has good dental care and regular dentist visits, they should expect the porcelain veneers to last for approximately 6 – 12 years before any touch up work is required**
How much do veneers cost ?
Like most dental procedures, asking “how much do veneers cost” is like asking “how long is a piece of string?” – the answer is never a simple one because there are lots of variable involved, and one patient is totally different from the next.
Taking this into consideration, the cost for dental veneers varies depending on several factors, which we have outlined as below:
- Type of veneer
- Issue Being Addressed
- Your dentists Skill & Experience